SCRR scientific symposium
Wednesday and Thursday, September 11 and 12, 2013
A two-day meeting (September 11-12) within the SCRR Scientific events programme is being convened by the RZSS to which fellow SCRR members and scientists are cordially invited to participate.
The aim is to enable those researchers and research institutes based in Scotland and overseas who are interested in being involved with Giant Panda Conservation and Research work, to come together with our Chinese and American colleagues to formulate a five year Giant Panda/China Research and Training Plan: 2013-2017.
Building on an extensive and well-founded platform of previous research investigations, five topics of current and future work have been identified for the symposium:
- Field ecology: e.g. landscape features that facilitate wildlife movements
- Genetic management: e.g. scientific management of the global ex situ population
- Artificial reproduction and infant panda care: e.g. enhancement of reproduction
- Veterinary management and research: e.g. optimization of health care
- Cognitive evolution and behavioural research: e.g. learning and memory
Further information may be obtained from: Iain Valentine, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venue: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland, Edinburgh