First meeting takes place in Oban
Thursday November 6 to Saturday November 8, 2014
UPDATE: see below for an event report.
On 6th-8th November 2014, the Scottish Rural Parliament will bring together 400 community people and decision-makers from public bodies, NGOs and private bodies, with the aim of improving rural policy and finding better ways of providing services. Local Rural Parliament events have already been taking place all over rural Scotland by way of preparation. These have been accessed by the public and will contribute to the discussion at the Rural Parliament.
The themes to be discussed are:
- Rural businesses and employment
- Land use, planning and land reform
- Transport infrastructure
- Protecting our natural assets and adapting to environmental changes
- Broadband and connectivity
- Support for communities to lead with confidence
Please see the Scottish Rural Parliament website.
A video report, a published report and an Action Plan from this event are available from the Scottish Rural Parliament website.